.: the MARY PUMPKINHEAD experience :.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Brad Renfro 1982-2008

Photobucket




Brad renfro, you were my first 'serious' crush and i was your biggest fan. sayo lang umikot ang mundo ko nung high school and everybody knows that. i liked you a lot and i have a collection of posters and clippings to prove that. i knew your lines by heart. it's just sad that we lost touch after apt pupil. but i'll never get tired of watching your movies over and over again. you are the reason why i got myself hooked to jimmy page, led zeppelin and rock and roll in general. "Pagey", "Angel", "Ren-freak"--nicknames i used, all associated with you. i always mark July 25 (your birthday) on my every calendar. i bought every magazine i could buy that contains brad renfro stuff. i spent hours and hours over the internet (then expensive) just for you. i grieved when i learned you were dating Gaby Hoffman. i remember how i used to tell my friends that i'd still be in love with you after 10 or 20 years. that was how much i fancy you. You were my dream. now you're gone and i feel bad i never wrote to you like i used to write to others. i feel shattered. Like what someone in IMDB said, "The 12 yr. old somewhere in me is crushed."-- well only it was about 13 or 14 yr old for me. Goodbye Brad Renfro, may you rest in peace.



From "The Cure"

Dexter (Joseph Mazello): Suppose you kept going another 18 billion light years, what if there's nothing out there? Suppose you kept going another trillion times further, so far out you see nothing. The light from the universe would be fainter than the faintest star. Infinitely cold. Infinitely dark. Sometimes if I wake up and it's dark, I get really scared, like I'm out there and I'm never coming back.

Erik (Brad Renfro): Here, hold onto this when you sleep. And if you wake up and you're scared, you'll say, "Wait a minute. I'm holding Eric's shoe. Why the hell would I be holding some smelly basketball shoe a trillion light years from the universe? I must be here on earth, safe in my sleeping bag, and Eric must be close by."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home